The following points were of note in the Bank of Canada March 2018 media release:
- Target for the overnight rate remains the same at 1¼ percent.
- Household credit growth has decelerated for three consecutive months.
- Inflation is running close to the 2 per cent target.
- Economy operating near capacity.
- Inflation is fluctuating because of temporary factors related to gasoline, electricity, and minimum wages.
- Next scheduled date for announcing the overnight rate target is April 18, 2018.
Purchase price continues to rise with low inventory and low interest rates continuing to benefit sellers.